Monday 30 September 2013

Road trip Part II.- Cheddar Gorge

On the way to Cheddar Gorge. Endless foggy green fields everywhere you looked.



And after 45 minutes of driving (probably less if I'm not there stopping the car at every other bush to take a picture) endless super-high mountains have replaced the fields.  


We drove into the centre of Cheddar Gorge where we visited the Cheddar show caves, where Britain's oldest human skeleton (the Cheddar Man) was found in 1903. The caves, produced by the activity of an underground river, contain beautiful stalactites and stalagmites painted in all colours of the rainbow.



The water was so clear that has tricked our eyes when we looked into it. Instead of the actual reflection we thought we are looking down into a deep rocky gap.


The ground was so slippery and the tunnels quite narrow so I ended up with an aching hump on my head
(I cared about my shoes more then my own skull...), but even that couldn't stop me climbing 300 stairs up to the top of the rocky mountain.




When we reached the top we met a horde of goats jumping on the cliffs, wondering around us or just having a dinner from these yellow flowered bushes. I've never seen them in their natural environment before, was such a nice experience.


The view was so amazing up there that I have forgotten about my fear of high.
Next time I should visit a beautiful place full of spiders, will might work as well :)




In those 2 days I've spent in Bath and Cheddar Gorge time has stopped and I only felt curiosity, admiration and happiness. And slept sooo well when I got back home:)

No comments:

Post a Comment